This is my first time joining in with the ‘Reasons To Be Cheerful’ posts, and as it is a cold, drizzly day I thought a dose of cheerfulness would brighten it up a bit.
– It’s Friday. That means there’s no trek to school in the morning, no packed lunches to make, no uniforms to get ready, or bookbags to find.
Instead we can get up when we like and be in no rush to be anywhere.
(Although I can guarantee they’ll still be wide awake at 6am though.) Ah well, the thought of not having to be dressed and out of the house for 8.15am is reason to be cheery in itself.
– The local card shop has a big Yankee Candle sale, so today I have treated myself to a Midnight Jasmine Yankee Candle, and a Fluffy Towels one.
Well, at £1.30 it would be daft not to. Not to mention the two little tartlets I bought the other day, cinnamon stick and Christmas Rose. 59p?! Yes please.
So later on I’ll be burning my Midnight one while maybe watching a dvd. Bliss.
– Both munchkins have done well at school this week, 8 year old has been doing lessons that he likes, and doing well in them, and 4 year old has received a ‘smiley face’ award in class today.
– I enjoy writing for fun, so this week has been quite productive on the writing front as I’ve written a few blog posts and also a short story.
So that has made me feel cheery.
– Plus the full English pub breakfast I went for this morning for a gossip and get together always puts me in a good mood.
Roll on the next one! :-)
Other’s Reason’s To Be Cheerful can be found over here http://mdplife.blogspot.com/2012/01/bloggy-reasons-to-be-cheerful-year-2.html